Sunday 8 February 2009

the World as a Causal System

There is a hidden reason why dark people look up to fair people. There is a hidden reason why Jesus may have never laughed. I am sure there is also a hidden reason why “snail” is not spelled “snale”.

And there is a hidden reason why there are no purple cars.

Magenta, move, Milka-coloured Mercedeses, Audis and Volkswagens. For me, it all started one night when an Ionesco character told me that her car is so ugly that she dyed it in purple. Which sensible thieve would break the barriers of professional dignity and steal one? Which sensible husband would drive the magenta beast instead of allowing his wife to do it?

I dream of a world of purple cars, black wedding dresses and tiny apartment giraffes. That’s where my fuchsia aardvarks leave!